Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Are women weak?


Us, women, get worried about almost everything, even over small things. I think it’s in our nature to worry and stress too much. I remember when I was reading a certain diary on Facebook (Diary ka sindiswa) and they wrote that women are always crying over small things. This is true, because if your nail gets chipped, you cry, maybe your boyfriend does not call, you cry, you pass your exam, you cry still. All of these lead to both stress and worry.
I remember two months ago I lost my lip gloss and I got stressed to an extent that I cried. To think of it, lip gloss is not that expensive and it’s not like that was the only one I had, but because I’m a woman I got hurt and tears just had to roll down my cheeks. However, one thing I seem to like about being a female is the ability to calm ourselves down if we are in bad space. We just know how to deal with sadness or anger. We cry our lungs out, write everything down or talk to somebody.

Men are the reason women stress
I hate to say this, but one of the biggest factors that make most women worried is ‘men’. You know that moment when you expect someone to call and they don’t, it’s really frustrating. For example, let’s say you went to out on a date, and he does not call for about a day or two. This worries a lot of women, we end asking ourselves if we were not good enough or if we somehow turned him off.
The worst part is when he does not call after you have slept together for the first time or after a long time. Tjo, brothers we get extremely worried about that one ey. Please do not do it, at least sms us later on just to show that you care and make us feel better since we kinda feel embarrassed if you are keeping quiet. Also, this leaves us wondering if we did not impress you or maybe you just using us to satisfy your needs.
According to me, if he does not keep in contact after sleeping with you, he is not in love with you. His mission was to get into your pants and pass to others. My advice, ignore that nigger because he is not serious. I believe if you keep on showing interest in him, he is going to contact you only when he feels like shagging, and trust me; you do not want to be used!

Hair can worry you to the extreme
To tell the truth, guys are not the only main cause to our stress and worry. Hair can also be stressful. Have you ever had a hairstyle for about one or two months and when you suppose to take it off, you do not have cash? Damn! That’s stressing, believe you me, you are going to be deep in thoughts about what to do. This can lead you into unwanted debts because you will have to borrow money from friends. Sometimes we lie to our parents so that we can get that cash for our hair.
Lol, early this month, I too had to take the hairstyle I had off. I have a natural hair and I did not have money to do another style or simply wash it. Iyo, I was worried and stressed simultaneously. I was afraid to even go out of our yard because I felt like everybody is looking at me. I also felt dirty and because of that I thought I was ugly.
There is a Sesotho saying that I like, it says ‘mosadi ke mosadi ka maqheka’, it emphasizes that a woman always has a plan B if plan A does not go accordingly (tactics). This explains why some women would wear a scarf and make it a doek in a more fashionable way when times are tough.

Understanding can be helpful
Some think that women are weak since they easily become emotional. Brothers, no, we are not weak but that’s how were created. You just need understanding, that’s all.
I so wish men could just understand how emotional we are and do things right, I mean things which are going to satisfy us, but not stressing us. Imagine how good can it be if we live in a world whereby understanding one another is something that we practice daily. Even though now it’s difficult to achieve understanding, I will live by hope that one day it will happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment